- NCEO Brief (2011 – 2019) [New]Latest: Considerations for States Providing Materials in Braille (#19)
A series of brief reports examining standards, assessment, and accountability issues for students with disabilities, English learners, and English learners with disabilities.
- FSRTC Research Brief 1: Social Support and Family Resilience Ease the Stress of Parents of Children with Complex Special Health Care Needs (2019) [New]
This brief examines the effects of three social determinants—community conditions, emotional support, and family resilience—on the mental and physical health of mothers of children with complex...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- FSRTC Research Brief 2: Caregiver Differences Across Race and Ethnicity (2019) [New]
This brief examines caregivers’ self-reported mental, physical, or financial strain. The researchers analyzed data from the 2015 Caregiving in the U.S. survey. The purpose of this brief was to look...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- NCEO APR Snapshot Briefs (2012 – 2019) [New]Latest: 2016-2017 APR Snapshot #21: AA-AAS Participation and Performance (#21)
A series of briefs providing snapshots of the participation and performance of special education students in statewide assessments used for Elementary and Secondary Education Act(ESEA) accountability.
- TIES Center Briefs (2018 – 2019) [New]Latest: Taking the Alternate Assessment Does NOT Mean Education in a Separate Setting! (#2)
Brief series from the TIES Center, a national technical assistance center on inclusive practices and policies. Its purpose is to create sustainable changes in kindergarten-grade 8 school and...
- FSRTC Research Brief 8: Family Caregivers of Family Members with IDD Differ from Other Caregivers in the Kinds and Duration of Supports They Provide (2018)
A brief comparing caregiving experiences of family caregivers for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) with those of caregivers who responded to the Caregiving in the U.S....Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Guidance for Examining District Alternate Assessment Participation Rates (2018)
This Brief addresses important questions that arise for states as they implement federal an alternate assessment aligned to alternate achievement standards (AA-AAS) participation requirements....Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF, Online
- Policy Research Brief (1999 – 2018)Latest: Employment First: An Update on National Progress
A series of briefs summarizing recent research on a range of policy issues affecting persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities.Cost: Free Delivery format: Email subscription
- Considerations for Developing State-Defined Alternate Diplomas for Students with Significant Cognitive Disabilities (2016)
This Brief describes the criteria that must be met for a State-defined alternate diploma to meet federal requirements for inclusion in the Title I Adjusted Cohort Graduation Rate (ACGR).Cost: Free Delivery format: Online, PDF
- Diplomas that Matter: Ensuring Equity of Opportunity for Students with Disabilities (2016)
To try to understand the diploma options available for students with disabilities, Achieve and the National Center on Educational Outcomes (NCEO) partnered to analyze the diplomas available in each...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF