- NCEO Brief (2011 – 2019) [New]Latest: Suggestions for Aligning Alternate Achievement Standards with WIOA (#16)
A series of brief reports examining standards, assessment, and accountability issues for students with disabilities, English learners, and English learners with disabilities.
- FSRTC Research Brief 8: Family Caregivers of Family Members with IDD Differ from Other Caregivers in the Kinds and Duration of Supports They Provide (2018)
A brief comparing caregiving experiences of family caregivers for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) with those of caregivers who responded to the Caregiving in the U.S....Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- TIES Center Briefs (2018)Latest: 10 Reasons to Support Inclusive School Communities for ALL Students (#1)
Brief series from the TIES Center, a national technical assistance center on inclusive practices and policies. Its purpose is to create sustainable changes in kindergarten-grade 8 school and...
- Guidance for Examining District Alternate Assessment Participation Rates (2018)
This Brief addresses important questions that arise for states as they implement federal an alternate assessment aligned to alternate achievement standards (AA-AAS) participation requirements....Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- NCEO APR Snapshot Briefs (2012 – 2018)Latest: 2015-2016 APR Snapshot #16: State Assessment Participation and Performance of Students Receiving Special Education Services (#16)
A series of briefs providing snapshots of the participation and performance of special education students in statewide assessments used for Elementary and Secondary Education Act(ESEA) accountability.
- Policy Research Brief (1999 – 2018)Latest: Employment First: An Update on National Progress
A series of briefs summarizing recent research on a range of policy issues affecting persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities.Cost: Free Delivery format: Email subscription
- Considerations for Developing State-Defined Alternate Diplomas for Students with Significant Cognitive Disabilities (2016)
This Brief describes the criteria that must be met for a State-defined alternate diploma to meet federal requirements for inclusion in the Title I Adjusted Cohort Graduation Rate (ACGR).Cost: Free Delivery format: Online, PDF
- Diplomas that Matter: Ensuring Equity of Opportunity for Students with Disabilities (2016)
To try to understand the diploma options available for students with disabilities, Achieve and the National Center on Educational Outcomes (NCEO) partnered to analyze the diplomas available in each...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Lessons Learned About Assessment from Inclusion of Students with Disabilities in College and Career Ready Assessments (2016)
The new large-scale assessments rolled out by consortia and states are designed to measure student achievement of rigorous college- and career-ready (CCR) standards. Recent surveys of teachers in...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Lessons Learned About Instruction from Inclusion of Students with Disabilities in College and Career Ready Assessments (2016)
This Brief provides information and suggestions for SEAs and other technical assistance providers with challenges identified by the teachers related to college- and career-ready (CCR) standards.Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF