The Institute produces a wide range of resources for service providers, educators, policymakers, advocacy and resource organizations, researchers, families, persons with disabilities, and others.
- NCEO Data Analytics (2015 – 2016) [New]Latest: State and National Demographic Information for English Learners (ELs) and ELs with Disabilities, 2012-13 (#4)An online interactive series of briefs putting the power of data in the users' hands. View, compare, and read briefs driven by data.
- Valuing Lives: Wolf Wolfensberger and the Principle of Normalization (2016) [New]A film documenting the social paradigm shift triggered by Wolf Wolfensberger, a professor and change agent who, in the early 1970s, popularized and expanded the principle of normalization of people...Cost: $3.99 - $89.99Delivery format: DVD, Online
- In-Home and Residential Long-Term Supports and Services for Persons with Intellectual or Developmental Disabilities: Status and Trends through 2013 (2016) [New]A report describing the status of, and trends in, long-term supports and services for people with intellectual or developmental disabilities in the U.S. on June 30, 2013. It is based on an annual...Cost: FreeDelivery format: Online
- Impact (2000 – 2016) [New]Latest: Feature Issue on Supporting Wellness for Adults with Intellectual and Developmental DisabilitiesA newsletter series containing strategies, research, and success stories in specific focus areas related to persons with intellectual, developmental, and other disabilities. It provides practical...Cost: FreeDelivery format: Print subscription, Email subscription
- Lessons Learned About Assessment from Inclusion of Students with Disabilities in College and Career Ready Assessments (2016) [New]The new large-scale assessments rolled out by consortia and states are designed to measure student achievement of rigorous college- and career-ready (CCR) standards. Recent surveys of teachers in...Cost: FreeDelivery format: PDF
- NCEO Reports (2016) [New]Latest: 2013-14 Publicly Reported Assessment Results for Students with Disabilities and ELLs with Disabilities (#401)A series of reports examining assessment and standards and accountability issues as they pertain to students with disabilities, English learners, and English learners with disabilities.
- Lessons Learned About Instruction from Inclusion of Students with Disabilities in College and Career Ready Assessments (2016) [New]This Brief provides information and suggestions for SEAs and other technical assistance providers with challenges identified by the teachers related to college- and career-ready (CCR) standards.Cost: FreeDelivery format: PDF
- White Paper on English Language Learners with Significant Cognitive Disabilities (2016) [New]This White Paper provides ELPA21 states with recommendations for ways to include their ELLs with the most significant cognitive disabilities in an assessment of their English language proficiency.Cost: FreeDelivery format: PDF
- Frontline Initiative (1996 – 2015) Latest: Trauma-Informed CareThis newsletter covers the issues important to direct support professionals and supervisors who support people with IDD and other disabilities in a variety of community settings.
- NCEO Synthesis Reports (1991 – 2015) Latest: Science Alternate Assessments based on Alternate Achievement Standards (AA-AAS) During School Year 2014-2015 (#99)A series of reports examining assessment and accommodations policies and practices in relation to students with disabilities. It is especially of use to policymakers.