The Institute produces a wide range of resources for service providers, educators, policymakers, advocacy and resource organizations, researchers, families, persons with disabilities, and others.
- Guidance for Examining District Alternate Assessment Participation Rates (2018) [New]This Brief addresses important questions that arise for states as they implement federal an alternate assessment aligned to alternate achievement standards (AA-AAS) participation requirements....Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Forum on Speech-to-Text and Scribing: Getting a Handle on What This Means (2018) [New]A report on a forum held on June 26, 2018 in San Diego, California that brought together staff from state departments of education, school districts, testing and testing-related companies, and...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Educators' Thoughts on Making Decisions About Accessibility for All Students (2018) [New]This report describes the asynchronous online focus group activity of the Data Informed Accessibility - Making Optimal Needs-based Decisions (DIAMOND) project. The goal of conducting the focus...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- FYI Monthly from the Institute on Community Integration (2017 – 2018) [New]Latest: September 2018*FYI Monthly* is a monthly e-communication featuring news of recent ICI activities, accomplishments, and resources.Cost: Free Delivery format: Email subscription
- NCEO Newsletter (2013 – 2018) [New]Latest: October 2018 issueAn e-newsletter from the Institute's National Center on Educational Outcomes (NCEO) highlighting its recent publications and new and ongoing research findings, and serving as a resource to...Cost: Free Delivery format: Email subscription
- Frontline Initiative (1996 – 2018) [New]Latest: The Changing Roles of the Direct Support ProfessionalThis newsletter covers the issues important to direct support professionals and supervisors who support people with IDD and other disabilities in a variety of community settings.Cost: Free Delivery format: Email subscription
- ELPA21 White Paper: Developing an Alternate ELPA21 for English Learners with the Most Significant Cognitive Disabilities (2018) [New]This White Paper was developed as part of the commitment of the English Language Proficiency Assessment for the 21st Century (ELPA21) project to the development and implementation of an alternate...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- NCEO APR Snapshot Briefs (2012 – 2018) [New]Latest: 2015-2016 APR Snapshot #16: State Assessment Participation and Performance of Students Receiving Special Education Services (#16)A series of briefs providing snapshots of the participation and performance of special education students in statewide assessments used for Elementary and Secondary Education Act(ESEA) accountability.
- NCEO Reports (2016 – 2018) [New]Latest: 2015-16 Publicly Reported Assessment Results for Students with Disabilities and ELs with Disabilities (#407)A series of reports examining assessment and standards and accountability issues as they pertain to students with disabilities, English learners, and English learners with disabilities.
- In-Home and Residential Long-Term Supports and Services for Persons with Intellectual or Developmental Disabilities: Status and Trends Through 2016 (2018) [New]A report describing the status of, and trends in, long-term supports and services for people with intellectual or developmental disabilities in the U.S. on June 30, 2016. It is based on an annual...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online