The Institute produces a wide range of resources for service providers, educators, policymakers, advocacy and resource organizations, researchers, families, persons with disabilities, and others.
- Lessons Learned About Instruction from Inclusion of Students with Disabilities in College and Career Ready Assessments (2016) [New]This Brief provides information and suggestions for SEAs and other technical assistance providers with challenges identified by the teachers related to college- and career-ready (CCR) standards.Cost: FreeDelivery format: PDF
- White Paper on English Language Learners with Significant Cognitive Disabilities (2016) [New]This White Paper provides ELPA21 states with recommendations for ways to include their ELLs with the most significant cognitive disabilities in an assessment of their English language proficiency.Cost: FreeDelivery format: PDF
- Frontline Initiative (1996 – 2015) [New]Latest: Trauma-Informed CareThis newsletter covers the issues important to direct support professionals and supervisors who support people with IDD and other disabilities in a variety of community settings.
- NCEO Data Analytics (2015) [New]Latest: Graduation Policies for Students with Disabilities Who Participate in States' General Assessments (#3)An online interactive series of briefs putting the power of data in the users' hands. View, compare, and read briefs driven by data.
- NCEO Synthesis Reports (1991 – 2015) [New]Latest: Science Alternate Assessments based on Alternate Achievement Standards (AA-AAS) During School Year 2014-2015 (#99)A series of reports examining assessment and accommodations policies and practices in relation to students with disabilities. It is especially of use to policymakers.
- Supporting Individuals with Intellectual or Developmental Disabilities and their Families: Status and Trends through 2013 (2015) [New]A report summarizing statistics that were gathered and analyzed for the Supporting Individuals and Families Information Systems Project (FISP). It includes information about the numbers of, and...Cost: FreeDelivery format: PDF, Online
- Forum on Implementing Accessibility Frameworks for ALL Students (2015) [New]This report describes the panel presentations and the facilitated discussions from a June 2015 forum to discuss implementing accessibility frameworks for ALL students.Cost: FreeDelivery format: PDF
- Of the Community: Eight Stories of Community Living, Participation, and Inclusion (2015) A film telling the stories of eight individuals with disabilities who have vibrant lives in which they live and participate in their communities in the ways they choose. Their stories illustrate...Cost: $19.99 - $29.99Delivery format: Online, DVD
- NCEO State Surveys (1992 – 2015) Latest: 2014 Survey of States: Initiatives, Trends, and AccomplishmentsA series of reports summarizing results of surveys of state directors of special education in relation to students with disabilities and standards-based reform.
- Policy Research Brief (1999 – 2015) Latest: The U.N. Convention on The Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD): A Status ReportA series of briefs summarizing recent research on a range of policy issues affecting persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities.Cost: FreeDelivery format: Email subscription