The Institute produces a wide range of resources for service providers, educators, policymakers, advocacy and resource organizations, researchers, families, persons with disabilities, and others.
- NCEO Reports (2016) [New]Latest: 2013-14 Publicly Reported Assessment Results for Students with Disabilities and ELLs with DisabilitiesA series of reports examining assessment and standards and accountability issues as they pertain to students with disabilities, English learners, and English learners with disabilities.
- Lessons Learned About Instruction from Inclusion of Students with Disabilities in College and Career Ready Assessments (2016) [New]This Brief provides information and suggestions for SEAs and other technical assistance providers with challenges identified by the teachers related to college- and career-ready (CCR) standards.Cost: FreeDelivery format: PDF
- White Paper on English Language Learners with Significant Cognitive Disabilities (2016) [New]This White Paper provides ELPA21 states with recommendations for ways to include their ELLs with the most significant cognitive disabilities in an assessment of their English language proficiency.Cost: FreeDelivery format: PDF
- Frontline Initiative (1996 – 2015) [New]Latest: Trauma-Informed CareThis newsletter covers the issues important to direct support professionals and supervisors who support people with IDD and other disabilities in a variety of community settings.
- NCEO Data Analytics (2015) [New]Latest: Graduation Policies for Students with Disabilities Who Participate in States' General Assessments (#3)An online interactive series of briefs putting the power of data in the users' hands. View, compare, and read briefs driven by data.
- NCEO Synthesis Reports (1991 – 2015) [New]Latest: Science Alternate Assessments based on Alternate Achievement Standards (AA-AAS) During School Year 2014-2015 (#99)A series of reports examining assessment and accommodations policies and practices in relation to students with disabilities. It is especially of use to policymakers.
- Supporting Individuals with Intellectual or Developmental Disabilities and their Families: Status and Trends through 2013 (2015) [New]A report summarizing statistics that were gathered and analyzed for the Supporting Individuals and Families Information Systems Project (FISP). It includes information about the numbers of, and...Cost: FreeDelivery format: PDF, Online
- Forum on Implementing Accessibility Frameworks for ALL Students (2015) [New]This report describes the panel presentations and the facilitated discussions from a June 2015 forum to discuss implementing accessibility frameworks for ALL students.Cost: FreeDelivery format: PDF
- Of the Community: Eight Stories of Community Living, Participation, and Inclusion (2015) A film telling the stories of eight individuals with disabilities who have vibrant lives in which they live and participate in their communities in the ways they choose. Their stories illustrate...Cost: $19.99 - $29.99Delivery format: DVD, Online
- NCEO State Surveys (1992 – 2015) Latest: 2014 Survey of States: Initiatives, Trends, and AccomplishmentsA series of reports summarizing results of surveys of state directors of special education in relation to students with disabilities and standards-based reform.