Concerns about the Sustainability of Self-Direction
In 2020, people participating in New York State’s self-direction plan were surveyed about their experiences with self-direction. One of the goals of the survey was to learn about the concerns people have about using self-directed services after the primary natural support (e.g., parent, sibling, other relative, friend) can no longer provide assistance. This brief summarizes the concerns respondents reported about the sustainability of self-directed services when the primary natural support can no longer manage the self-direction plan.
- Independent Support Services, Inc. [NY]
- Self-Directed Supports with Independent Support Services
- Community life
- Consumer/self-directed services
- Housing and residential services
- Medicaid services (residential)