Training Topics to Support Self-Directed Services
In 2020, people participating in New York State’s self-direction plan were surveyed about their experiences with self-direction, including a question about training topics that they would like their fiscal intermediary to present. This brief summarizes the five key areas of training identified by respondents: person-centered thinking, support skills, community living, health and wellness, and self-direction procedures.
- Independent Support Services, Inc. [NY]
- Self-Directed Supports with Independent Support Services
- Community life
- Consumer/self-directed services
- Housing and residential services
- Medicaid services (residential)