Policy Forum: Institutional Bias in Long-Term Services and Supports for People with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
This Policy Forum from October 3, 2023 discussed the Policy Research Brief titled, Institutional Bias in Long-Term Services and Supports for People with IDD. Slides from the presentation are included.
Discussants included Brian Begin and Sheryl Larson from ICI; Agnes Cole (MNLEND Fellow, 2022–23); Michael Gamel-McCormick, Disability Policy Director, U.S. Senate Special Committee on Aging; and Heidi Hamilton, Disability Services Director, Minnesota Department of Human Services. Julie Bershadsky from ICI facilitated the discussion.
The Policy Forum is hosted by the Research and Training Center on Community Living at the University of Minnesota's Institute on Community Integration.
- Research and Training Center on Community Living (RTC-CL)
- Housing and residential services
- Consumer/self-directed services
- Institutions and deinstitutionalization
- Medicaid services (residential)
- Specific disability
- Intellectual/developmental disability (IDD)