Self-Directed Services: Challenges and Training Needs
In 2020, people participating in New York State’s self-direction plan were surveyed about their experiences with self-direction, including challenges people experience with self-direction, and training that could help support self-direction. This brief describes the challenges faced by people who self-direct and their natural supports when using self-directed services and what training topics respondents felt would help support self-direction.
- Independent Support Services, Inc. [NY]
- Self-Directed Supports with Independent Support Services
- Community life
- Consumer/self-directed services
- Housing and residential services
- Medicaid services (residential)