Plans for Sustaining Self-Direction
In 2020, people participating in New York State’s self-direction plan were surveyed to examine the sustainability of self-directed services: how families plan to navigate a self-directed model when the primary caregiver (typically a parent) can no longer provide support for the self-directed process. This brief describes how survey respondents planned for the sustainability of self-directed supports when natural supports can no longer support the process.
- Independent Support Services, Inc. [NY]
- Self-Directed Supports with Independent Support Services
- Community life
- Consumer/self-directed services
- Housing and residential services
- Medicaid services (residential)