LEND Brief: Positive Behavior Support
Share this page
An issue focusing on person-centered positive behavior support (PBS) and on individuals living in community settings who have benefitted from systematic and longitudinally delivered positive behavior support and person-centered planning (PCP).
Positive behavior support is a package of evidence-based strategies to increase quality of life and decrease problem behavior by teaching new skills and making changes in a person's environment. Tapping into knowledge and experiences from authors across the United States, this LEND Brief delves into various aspects and approaches of positive behavior support.
- Summer 2014
- Minnesota Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental Disabilities Program (MNLEND)
- Community life
- Person-centered planning and practices
- Positive behavior support
- Specific life stage
- Housing and residential services
- Consumer/self-directed services
- Family supports/in-home services
- Specific disability
- Intellectual/developmental disability (IDD)