NCEO Brief: State Assessment Decision-Making Processes for ELLs with Disabilities (#9)
Part of the NCEO Brief series.
- Kristin K Liu PhD, Yi-Chen Wu, Martha L Thurlow, Linda S Goldstone, Jim Hatten, Vitaliy Shyyan, Laurene L Christensen, Sheryl Lazarus
A brief presenting information on what is known about assessment decision-making processes for English language learners (ELLs) with disabilities. It highlights information that has been collected by the National Center on Educational Outcomes (NCEO) as well as information from other sources. Topics addressed in the brief include: (a) required assessment decision-making processes, (b) experts' recommendations about assessment decision making for ELLs with disabilities, (c) resources available to guide assessment decision making, (d) standards-based IEPs, and (e) recommended participants on the decision-making team. Conclusions focus on the six key areas in which policymakers should provide guidance for educators.
- June 2014
- Number 9
- National Center on Educational Outcomes (NCEO)
- Specific life stage
- Adolescents and young adults
- Educational accountability and assessment
- English Learners with Disabilities
- Standards and Accountability