NCEO Brief: Participation of ELLs with Disabilities in ELP Assessments (#8)
Part of the NCEO Brief series.
- Kristin K Liu PhD, Yi-Chen Wu, Martha L Thurlow, Linda S Goldstone, Jim Hatten, Vitaliy Shyyan, Laurene L Christensen, Sheryl Lazarus
A brief presenting information on what is known about the participation of English language learners (ELLs) with disabilities in state English language proficiency (ELP) assessments. It highlights information collected by the National Center on Educational Outcomes (NCEO), as well as information from other sources. Topics addressed in the brief include: (a) state policies on participation, (b) use and reporting of data on participation in ELP assessments, (c) experts' recommendations about assessment participation, and (d) the understanding of practitioners about the participation of ELLs with disabilities in ELP assessments. Conclusions focus on four recommendations for consideration.
- May 2014
- Number 8
- National Center on Educational Outcomes (NCEO)
- Specific life stage
- Adolescents and young adults
- Educational accountability and assessment
- English Learners with Disabilities
- Assessment Participation
- Assessment Reporting