NCEO Policy Directions: Using Systematic Item Selection Methods to Improve Universal Design of Assessments (#18)
Part of the NCEO Policy Directions series.
- Christopher J Johnstone, Martha L Thurlow, Michael L Moore, Jason R Altman
This year 2006 report provides an overview of item selection methods for assessments and suggests that a combination of methods will optimize characteristics of universal design and produce better results. The report outlines strengths and weaknesses of each method, and makes the recommendation that all methods be employed systematically and in conjunction with each other.
- September 2006
- Number 18
- National Center on Educational Outcomes (NCEO)
- Specific life stage
- Adolescents and young adults
- Educational accountability and assessment
- English Learners with Disabilities
- Accessibility & Accommodations
- English Learners
- Students with Disabilities
- Universal Design