Assistive Technology Interoperability with Online Assessment Platforms and Other Technology Products and Services: Making it All Work!
- K. Airhart, Kathy J Strunk, Andrew R Hinkle, Martha L Thurlow, Sheryl Lazarus
This report contains the proceedings of a forum held on June 29, 2022, in Atlanta, Georgia to discuss issues surrounding the use of personal student assistive technology and online assessment participation. A specific goal of the forum was to gather representatives from state departments of education, assessment vendors, and technology companies to discuss challenges students face when using their personal assistive technology supports to participate in online assessments and to identify possible solutions. The forum was a post-session to the Council of Chief State School Officers’ (CCSSO) National Conference on Student Assessment (NCSA) and was a collaboration of the Assessment, Standards, and Education for Students with Disabilities (ASES) Collaborative and the National Center on Educational Outcomes (NCEO).
- September 2022
- National Center on Educational Outcomes (NCEO)
- Educational accountability and assessment
- English Learners with Disabilities
- Accessibility & Accommodations
- English Learners
- Students with Disabilities
- Alternate Assessments