NCEO Reports: The 95 Percent State Assessment Participation Requirement: Current Landscape, State Challenges, and Recommended Strategies (#429)
Part of the NCEO Reports series.
- Tiffany Katanyoutanant, Sylvia Kwon, Markie McNeilly, Bryan Hemberg, Martha L Thurlow, Sheryl Lazarus, Andrew R Hinkle, Kristin K Liu PhD
This report provides an overview of federal statutory language on student participation in state summative assessments used for accountability as well as the participation requirements for states requesting waivers from the 1% threshold on participation in the alternate assessment based on alternate academic achievement standards (AA-AAAS). It also includes a review of why it is important that students participate in testing, the reasons why some states have found it challenging to meet the 95% participation rate, and the extent to which states have met federal testing participation requirements.
- Number 429
- Michael L Moore email@example.com or +1 612-626-0546
- National Center on Educational Outcomes (NCEO)
- Educational accountability and assessment
- Assessment Participation
- Students with Disabilities