1% Toolkit: Who Should Participate in Your State’s Alternate Assessment? A Slide Presentation Tool for Administrators (NCEO Tool #6)
Part of the 1% Toolkit series.
- Maureen E Hawes, Martha L Thurlow, Cesar D'Agord, Charity N Funfe Tatah Mentan PhD, Kathy J Strunk, Sheryl Lazarus
This Slide Presentation tool is designed to support the needs that administrators have for brief but substantive information about who should participate in the state’s alternate assessment on academic achievement standards (AA-AAAS). In addition to serving as an information resource for administrators, it may be used for in-person or webinar trainings for educators, and as a handout for educators and parents. Developed during NCEO’s Peer Learning Group 3 (PLG 3), they highlight the purpose of the AA-AAAS, the implications of a student taking the AA-AAS, strategies for talking with parents, and identification of students who should participate in this assessment. The slides may be customized.
- May 2020
- Tool or Toolkit
- Number 6
- Michael L Moore firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 612-626-0546
- National Center on Educational Outcomes (NCEO)
- Educational accountability and assessment
- Assessment Participation
- Students with Disabilities
- Alternate Assessments