Impact: Feature Issue on Person-Centered Positive Supports and People with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
An issue in the newly-redesigned Impact series that shares articles from around the country describing how person-centered positive supports use evidence-based practices in the service of the needs, values, and goals of the individuals receiving the support. The issue educates about the guiding principles, values, and choices that must be examined in policy and practice; profiles exemplary strategies for delivery of services; and shares personal stories of the difference that person-centered positive supports make for individuals. The information in this issue can especially help service providers, advocates, and policymakers ensure that all people with disabilities have access to quality services and supports that empower them to live the lives of their choosing.
This issue is available in three formats: print, PDF download, and the new multimedia Web version that offers supplemental content including video and Webinar presentations, animation, and more.
- Summer 2016
- Volume 29, Number 2
- ICI Publications Office to request a free print copy (1st copy free, each additional $5) at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Institute on Community Integration, University of Minnesota
- Research and Training Center on Community Living (RTC-CL)
- Community life
- Person-centered planning and practices
- Specific disability
- Intellectual/developmental disability (IDD)