School Leader Series: Supporting the Inclusion of Students with Disabilities in Assessment (School Leader Series Brief #1)
Part of the School Leader Series series.
- Andrew R Hinkle, Sheryl Lazarus, Sharon Hall, Sandra Warren, Martha L Thurlow, Kristin K Liu PhD
This resource is designed to provide guidance to school leaders about supporting the inclusion of students with disabilities in state and district content assessments. Developed in collaboration with CCSSO, the Assessment, Standards, and Education for Students with Disabilities (ASES) and School Leadership Development and Supports (SLDS) state collaboratives made important contributions to this document. This resource highlights what school leaders can do to ensure all students with disabilities are instructed in academic content for their enrolled grade and participate in state and district content assessments. It also gives talking points for school leaders to use when addressing key stakeholders on the topic.
- Number 1
- National Center on Educational Outcomes (NCEO)
- Council of Chief State School Officers
- Educational accountability and assessment
- English Learners with Disabilities
- Standards and Accountability
- Students with Disabilities