NCEO Brief: Steps to Equitably Include Deaf Students in Assessments (#25)
Part of the NCEO Brief series.
- Stephanie Cawthon, Martha L Thurlow, Linda S Goldstone, Jennifer Higgins
Standardized tests have many uses in education. For example, they are used to document student achievement, measure progress, and determine readiness for postsecondary education or employment. However, deaf students often do not have equitable access to standardized tests. This Brief is jointly written by the National Center on Educational Outcomes (NCEO) and the National Deaf Center on Postsecondary Education (NDC). It provides three key steps to support deaf students in standardized testing.
- December 2021
- Number 25
- National Center on Educational Outcomes (NCEO)
- Educational accountability and assessment
- Accessibility & Accommodations
- Assessment Participation
- Students with Disabilities