NCEO Technical Reports: State Literacy Standards, Practice, and Testing: Exploring Accessibility (#38)
Part of the NCEO Technical Reports series.
- Sandra Thompson, Christopher J Johnstone, Martha L Thurlow, Ann T Clapper
This year 2004 report reviews state reading standards, addresses alternative modes for student interaction with print, and analyzes the correspondence between reading standard requirements and the modes of interaction with print. It concludes by identifying implications for instruction, assessment and related issues. The authors consider this paper to be a first step in exploring how students can access print in order to more widely promote student access to standards, instruction and assessments.
- May 2004
- Number 38
- National Center on Educational Outcomes (NCEO)
- Specific life stage
- Adolescents and young adults
- Educational accountability and assessment
- Accessibility & Accommodations
- Standards and Accountability