NCEO Synthesis Reports: Universal Design Applied to Large Scale Assessments (#44)
Part of the NCEO Synthesis Reports series.
- Sandra Thompson, Christopher J Johnstone, Martha L Thurlow
The purpose of this report is to explore the development of universal design and to consider its application to large scale assessments. Building on universal design principles presented by the Center for Universal Design, seven elements of universally designed assessments are identified and described in report paper.
- June 2002
- Number 44
- National Center on Educational Outcomes (NCEO)
- Specific life stage
- Adolescents and young adults
- Educational accountability and assessment
- Accessibility & Accommodations
- English Learners
- Students with Disabilities
- Universal Design