Share Your Story
Your story matters, now more than ever. We need to support one another and honor the critical work that DSPs are doing during the coronavirus pandemic. the Institute on Community Integration, the National Alliance for Direct Support Professionals (NADSP), and the American Network of Community Options and Resources (ANCOR) want to share your video stories with a wide audience to bring needed attention to your important and essential work.
First, introduce yourself (My name is ______ and I work as a DSP.)
Next, tell us what you are experiencing today. Respond to one or more of the following questions or simply tell us what's on your mind. Please keep your video under 3 minutes. You can record more videos later.
- How has your job, and your life, changed because of the pandemic?
- What new challenges are you facing?
- What are your concerns for yourself and for the people you support?
- What are you doing to cope, to care for yourself, in this environment?
- How are changes at work affecting your family and life outside of work?
- What support do you need right now? What changes would you like to see made to help you in your work, and in your life?
Note: Your video will be shared on this website and on Facebook with thousands of other disability support professionals. Please be professional and respect the privacy of those you support and work with.
Follow these steps to record your video. You can also watch this short video. Try to record in a quiet place with good lighting.
- Install the Youtube app on your smartphone
- Click on the Record button
- Position your phone horizontally and start recording; stop recording when you're done
- Select "Share" on your video and Copy the link
- Past the link address below on this form
If you're recording from your computer or using another account like Vimeo, that's okay. Just send us the link to your file and we'll do the rest.
Keep it brief and concise. Practice telling your story before recording it. Stories should be between one and three minutes in length. After you’ve uploaded your video, it will be reviewed, captioned, and posted on this website.