Share Your Story
Your story matters! As Dave Hingsburger says of direct support professionals in the film, “People don’t know what we do.” As someone who provides invaluable support, your story needs to be heard.
First, introduce yourself (My name is ______ and I work as a DSP.)
Next, respond to one of the questions below:
- Share a story that addresses an issue or problem, including your suggested solution.
- Why do you work as a DSP? (I work as a DSP because ...)
- What is the most rewarding part of your job? (I enjoy working as a DSP because ...)
- What is the most challenging part of your work? (The most challenging part of working as DSP is ...)
- What must change to make Direct Support a valued career choice?
Follow these steps to record your video. You can also watch this short video. Try to record in a quiet place with good lighting.
- Install the Youtube app on your smartphone
- Click on the Record button
- Position your phone horizontally and start recording; stop recording when you're done
- Select "Share" on your video and Copy the link
- Past the link address below on this form
If you're recording from your computer or using another account like Vimeo, that's okay. Just send us the link to your file and we'll do the rest.
Keep it brief and concise. Practice telling your story before recording it. Stories should be between one and three minutes in length. After you’ve uploaded your video, it will be reviewed, captioned, and posted on this website.