NCEO Brief: Suggestions for Aligning Alternate Achievement Standards with WIOA (#16)
Part of the NCEO Brief series.
- Martha L Thurlow, Kelly Nye-Lengerman PhD, Sheryl Lazarus
This Brief provides information on alternate achievement standards and the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) of 2014, and makes several suggestions about ways to show that a student who meets a state’s alternate academic achievement standards is on track to pursue postsecondary education or competitive integrated employment. Recommendations are also provided for states on how to build a strong system to support the realization of the intent of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) and WIOA requirements for their students with the most significant cognitive disabilities.
- January 2019
- Number 16
- Michael L Moore email@example.com or +1 612-626-0546
- National Center on Educational Outcomes (NCEO)
- Educational accountability and assessment
- Standards and Accountability
- Students with Disabilities
- Alternate Assessments