FYI from the Institute on Community Integration: May 2019
FYI Monthly is a monthly e-communication from the Institute on Community Integration. The May 2019 edition includes five feature stories, a leading ICI Facebook post from the past month, a new publication, coming events, and numerous staff updates.
The first feature story in this issue is about a MNLEND Fellow who spoke at a sold-out Hollywood fundraiser in April 2019 headlined by comedian Conan O’Brien. There is a feature about Check & Connect's new online training, online student engagement tool, and its summer conference. There are also features about ICI strengthening inclusive education in Ukraine and a visiting Fellow from Kenya studying inclusive employment. Finally, there is a feature story about two national conferences in St. Paul that ICI is co-sponsoring.
- May 2019
- Institute on Community Integration, University of Minnesota
- Community life
- Self-advocacy and self-determination
- Employment and postsecondary education
- Employment and workforce development
- Specific disability
- Intellectual/developmental disability (IDD)
- International initiatives
- Inclusive education