NCEO Reports: 2018-19 Participation Guidelines and Definitions for Alternate Assessments based on Alternate Academic Achievement Standards (#415)
Part of the NCEO Reports series.
- Martha L Thurlow, Sheryl Lazarus, Deb Albus, Erik D Larson, Kristin K Liu PhD
The purpose of this report is to provide an update on state participation criteria and guidelines for alternate assessments based on alternate academic achievement standards (AA-AAAS). In this report, we analyze criteria for participation, factors identified by states not to use as the basis for decisions, formats of resources provided, and the existence of explicit definitions of students with “significant cognitive disabilities.” Also included are analyses of information covered in state documents about AA-AAAS participation: the type of information provided to parents, the extent to which English learners are addressed, and the inclusion of information about exemptions.
- October 2019
- Number 415
- Michael L Moore email@example.com or +1 612-626-0546
- National Center on Educational Outcomes (NCEO)
- Educational accountability and assessment
- Assessment Participation
- Students with Disabilities
- Alternate Assessments