NCEO Synthesis Reports: Test Security and Students with Disabilities: An Analysis of States' 2013-14 Test Security Policies (#95)
Part of the NCEO Synthesis Reports series.
- Sheryl Lazarus, Martha L Thurlow, Lauren M Dominguez, Aleksis P Kincaid, Lynn M Edwards
A report analyzing how accommodated tests, and students with disabilities and the assessments they take, are addressed in state test security policies - a subject about which little is known. This analysis was conducted to partially fill this gap. The report provides a snapshot of how accommodated tests for students with disabilities, alternate assessments, and other related issues were addressed in states' test security policies in 2013-14. The specific research questions were, "What information do states' test security policies contain about students with disabilities and the assessments they take?" and "How are accommodations included in states test security policies?"
- June 2014
- Number 95
- National Center on Educational Outcomes (NCEO)
- Specific life stage
- Adolescents and young adults
- Educational accountability and assessment
- Accessibility & Accommodations
- Students with Disabilities
- Test Security
- Alternate Assessments