NCEO Synthesis Reports: 2012 State Policies for Accommodations Used to Deliver Assessments Orally (#91)
Part of the NCEO Synthesis Reports series.
- Sheryl Lazarus, Martha L Thurlow, Aleksis P Kincaid
A report examining the wide variation across states in their accommodations policies for Human Reader, Text to Speech, and Pre-recorded Audio. The results of the analyses in the report can inform states and the general assessment consortia--PARCC and Smarter Balanced--as they plan for the transition to their new assessments. Among other things, the report provides an easy way to develop a crosswalk of policies on these accommodations to the new consortia policies.
- August 2013; revised January 2014
- Number 91
- National Center on Educational Outcomes (NCEO)
- Educational accountability and assessment
- Accessibility & Accommodations
- Students with Disabilities
- Test Security