LEND Fact Sheet Series: Challenging Behaviors: Preferred Item as a Distracter
Part of the LEND Fact Sheet Series: Challenging Behaviors series.
- Joe E Reichle, Carol L Davis, Shelley Neilsen Gatti, Lillian K Duran
A fact sheet defining the use of a preferred item as a distracter as an intervention strategy to avert challenging behavior by presenting a child with an activity or a preferred item. The sheet also explains benefits from such a strategy and how to do it.
- Fact Sheet
- Minnesota Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental Disabilities Program (MNLEND)
- Education practices (K12 and transition)
- Positive behavior support
- Specific life stage
- Specific disability
- Autism spectrum disorder (ASD)