NCSET Information Brief: Addressing the Transition Needs of Youth with Disabilities through the Workforce Investment Act (WIA) System
Part of the NCSET Information Brief series.
- Richard G Luecking, Kelli Crane, Marianne Mooney
A brief discussing strategies for including work-based learning and youth development opportunities sponsored by the Workforce Investment Act in students' IEPs. The brief also addresses youth development, youth employment, and how One Stop career centers can be accessed to support students with disabilities in their career development. Additional resources are included.
Some content is out-of-date
- December 2002
- Volume 1, Number 6
- National Center on Secondary Education and Transition (NCSET)
- Education practices (K12 and transition)
- Transition planning
- Youth development and leadership
- Specific life stage
- Adolescents and young adults