NCSET Issue Brief: Collaboration Between General and Special Education: Making it Work
Part of the NCSET Issue Brief series.
- Michael N Sharpe, Maureen E Hawes
A brief calling for greater collaboration between general and special education teachers as one strategy for facilitating access to the general curriculum for all students, including those with disabilities. Special education and general education teachers nationwide now find they need to develop new skills and strategies to meet the challenges of providing such access. The brief outlines a five-step model for implementing collaborative relationships and provides further resources for practitioners.
Some content is out-of-date
- July 2003
- Volume 2, Number 1
- National Center on Secondary Education and Transition (NCSET)
- Education practices (K12 and transition)
- Paraprofessional and teacher development
- Specific life stage
- Adolescents and young adults