NCSET Issue Brief: The Emergence of Psychiatric Disabilities in Postsecondary Education
Part of the NCSET Issue Brief series.
- Michael N Sharpe, Brett D Bruininks, Barbara A Blacklock, Betty Benson, Donna M Johnson
A brief describing the issue of the unprecedented and growing number of postsecondary students who report psychiatric disabilities. The publication provides an outline of the primary barriers such students face in completing postsecondary education. The brief also offers strategies for postsecondary professionals, recommendations, and further resources.
Some content is out-of-date
- September 2004
- Volume 3, Number 1
- National Center on Secondary Education and Transition (NCSET)
- Specific life stage
- Adolescents and young adults
- Employment and postsecondary education
- Postsecondary education
- Specific disability
- Mental health and/or chemical dependency