PARA Accessible Reading Assessment Reports: Examination of a Reading Pen as a Partial Auditory Accommodation for Reading Assessment
A report evaluating the effectiveness of a reading pen as a Partial Auditory Accommodation for large scale reading assessments when the pen is used only to pronounce words on demand. Four research questions were addressed:
- To what extent does use of the reading pen on a standardized test of reading affect scores?
- To what extent is there a different effect for students with disabilities and students without disabilities?
- Regardless of disability status, to what extent does use of the reading pen affect the scores of students with adequate fluency?
- What are students' perceptions of the helpfulness of the reading pen?
- February 2010
- Partnership for Accessible Reading Assessment (PARA)
- National Center on Educational Outcomes (NCEO)
- Specific life stage
- Adolescents and young adults
- Educational accountability and assessment
- Accessibility & Accommodations
- Students with Disabilities