NCSET Information Brief: Teaching Social Skills
Part of the NCSET Information Brief series.
- Chris Bremer PhD, John G Smith
A brief outlining the importance of social skills education for youth with disabilities, identifying specific skills needed by youth, providing guidance for choosing and implementing social skills programs, and offering information about creating a positive school climate that fosters the development of social skills.
Some content is out-of-date
- October 2004
- Volume 3, Number 5
- National Center on Secondary Education and Transition (NCSET)
- Education practices (K12 and transition)
- Transition planning
- Youth development and leadership
- Specific life stage
- Adolescents and young adults