NCSET Information Brief: High School Graduation Requirements and Students with Disabilities
Part of the NCSET Information Brief series.
- David R Johnson PhD, Martha L Thurlow, Anna Cosio, Chris Bremer PhD
A brief outlining issues and controversies surrounding the use of exit examinations - an increasingly common graduation requirement for secondary schools - including the reasons proponents support the use of such exams. The brief also lists some of the intended and unintended consequences of using such exams.
Some content is out-of-date
- February 2005
- Volume 4, Number 2
- National Center on Secondary Education and Transition (NCSET)
- Education practices (K12 and transition)
- Transition planning
- Youth development and leadership
- Specific life stage
- Adolescents and young adults