NCSET Research to Practice Brief: Transition Planning: Community Mapping as a Tool for Teachers and Students
Part of the NCSET Research to Practice Brief series.
- Kate Tindle, Pam Leconte, LaVerne Buchanan, Juliana M Taymans
A brief describing the research base for community mapping - a process that can acquaint teachers and students with a community's culture, resources, transition needs, and assets - and providing an outline of the roles, responsibilities, and materials involved in the community mapping process. It also provides examples and further resources for engaging in community resource mapping.
Some content is out-of-date
- April 2005
- Volume 4, Number 1
- National Center on Secondary Education and Transition (NCSET)
- Education practices (K12 and transition)
- Instructional strategies
- Paraprofessional and teacher development
- Transition planning
- Specific life stage
- Adolescents and young adults