NCEO Reports: The Formative Assessment Practices Landscape for Students with Disabilities: An Analysis of State Definitions and Practices, 2021 (#435)
Part of the NCEO Reports series.
- R. Huynh, C. Midyett, D. Quan, Martha L Thurlow, Sheryl Lazarus
This report outlines the approaches that state education agencies (SEAs) have taken in defining and using formative assessment practices, including practices to explicitly support students with disabilities. At the state level, there have been efforts to develop or adopt formal definitions of formative assessment practices that guide how these practices are used in instruction. Given the different approaches and definitions that might exist for formative assessment practices, this report aims to describe how states are communicating and supporting these practices with their districts and schools.
- May 2022
- Number 435
- National Center on Educational Outcomes (NCEO)
- Educational accountability and assessment
- Students with Disabilities
- Classroom Assessments (Diagnostic, Formative, Interim)