NCEO Synthesis Reports: Accommodations: Results of a Survey of Alabama Special Education Teachers (#81)
Part of the NCEO Synthesis Reports series.
- Jason R Altman, Damien Cormier, Sheryl Lazarus, Martha L Thurlow, Marla Holbrook, et. al.
A report containing the findings from a survey of 2,336 special education teachers in the state of Alabama on making and implementing decisions about accommodations. A number of areas of strength were noted in the survey responses provided by this large sample of Alabama special education teachers. The special education teachers who responded to the survey demonstrated overall knowledge of accommodations use, despite the challenging items presented to them. Nevertheless, there is an evident need for professional development on making accommodations decisions and on implementing accommodations for instruction and assessment.
- November 2010
- Number 81
- National Center on Educational Outcomes (NCEO)
- Specific life stage
- Adolescents and young adults
- Educational accountability and assessment
- Accessibility & Accommodations