FYI from the Institute on Community Integration: July 2018
Part of the FYI from the Institute on Community Integration series.
- Thomas J Donaghy
FYI Monthly is a monthly e-communication from the Institute on Community Integration. The July 2018 edition includes:
- New Director and New 5-Year Funding for ICI
- Nye-Lengerman to Testify Before U.S. Senate Special Committee on Aging
- ICI Co-hosts National Direct Support Professional Workforce Summit in St. Louis
- Mandela Washington Fellows Visit ICI
- ICI Evaluates MN School Use of Special Olympics Unified Champion School Program
- ICI Collaborates on Community-based Rehabilitation Training in Liberia
- Art for All Hosts Exhibit at the Minneapolis Club
- NCEO Report 407: 2015-16 Publicly Reported Assessment Results for Students with Disabilities and ELs with Disabilities
- NCEO Data Analytics 6: State Assessment Participation and Performance of Students with IEPs, 2014-2015
- NCEO Report 408: A Review of the Literature on Measuring English Language Proficiency Progress of English Learners with Disabilities and English Learners
- NCEO Data Analytics 7: State Assessment Participation and Performance of Students with IEPs, 2015-2016
- "Predictors Associated With Paid Employment Status of Community and Technical College Students With Intellectual Disability." (2018). By Xueqin Qian, David R. Johnson, Frank A. Smith, and Clare K. Papay. Published in American Journal on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities.
- "A Model of Employment Supports for Job Seekers with Intellectual Disabilities." (2018). By Alberto Migliore, Kelly Nye-Lengerman, Oliver Lyons, Jennifer Bose, and John Butterworth. Published in Journal of Rehabilitation.
- Reinventing Quality 2018 Conference
- 2018 Minnesota Gathering
Each issue of FYI Monthly also includes staff updates, alumni updates, and the social media spotlight.
- July 2018
- Institute on Community Integration
- Direct support workforce
- Retention and recruitment
- Community life
- Aging and retirement
- Civil rights
- Faith communities
- Recreation and leisure
- Culture and diversity
- International initiatives
- Employment and postsecondary education
- Employment and workforce development