Positive Supports Minnesota
A website presenting Positive Supports Minnesota, an organization promoting positive supports, which are approaches to help people using a variety of proven support strategies that do not include punishment or seclusion. Positive supports are about respecting the dignity and rights of every person while offering individualized and effective services. Whether someone is receiving mental health, housing, educational, disability, or any other services meant to improve a person’s life, positive supports:
- Build on a person’s unique strengths, assets, interests, expectations, cultures, and goals,
- Respect the rights and individuality of each person, and
- Offer solutions that are effective.
- Institute on Community Integration
- Community life
- Positive behavior support