Policy Research Brief: Medicaid Home and Community-Based Services - The First 20 Years
Part of the Policy Research Brief series.
- Charlie Lakin, Bob Prouty
- Managing Editor(s)
- Charlie Lakin, Vicki D Gaylord
A brief reviewing the implementation of the Medicaid Home and Community-Based Services "waiver" program during its first 20 years, from Fiscal Year 1982 through Fiscal Year 2002. The review provides a description of the program, its initial purposes, patterns and trends in its use, its relationship to other services, and challenges in the years ahead.
- September 2003
- Volume 14, Number 3
- Research and Training Center on Community Living (RTC-CL)
- Specific life stage
- Adolescents and young adults
- Housing and residential services
- Family supports/in-home services
- Medicaid services (residential)