Autism spectrum disorder (ASD)
Autism spectrum disorder is a complex developmental disability that causes problems with social interaction and communication. See IDEA definition.
- A Report on Early Intervention Services for Minnesota's Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders (2012)
A report summarizing the activities and findings of a project funded by the Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS), and conducted by the University of Minnesota's Research and Training Center...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Aragtida Waalidka (Parents' Views) (2013)
A video presenting a Somali parent sharing her experiences and knowledge to help connect other parents with resources on autism.Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- DirectCourse (2004)
Offers a suite of competency-based, online curricula for professionals providing services to people with intellectual, developmental, physical, and psychiatric disabilities, and to older adults....
- Helitaanka Xanaada (Current treatments for Autism Spectrum Disorder) (2013)
A video presenting a Somali parent discussing current treatments and interventions for individual with ASD.Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- Inclusive Education Strategies: A Textbook (2019)
This textbook is a resource for implementing inclusive education practices in Armenia, other post-Soviet countries, and countries on the path to a more inclusive education and society. The content...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Inclusive Education Strategies: A Toolkit for Armenia (2019) [New]
This toolkit was designed by faculty and staff from the University of Minnesota and Armenian State Pedagogical University (ASPU) in the Republic of Armenia to help educators to include students...
- La soco Marxaladaha Koboc ee Cunuggaaga (Track Your Child's Developmental Milestones) (2013)
A brochure translating the original English version of the Center for Disease Control's brochure Track Your Child's Developmental Milestones into the Somali language. In collaboration with Somali...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- LEND Fact Sheet: Autism Spectrum Disorders (2012)
A fact sheet informing parents about caring for children who have or may have Autism Spectrum Disorders.Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Marxaladaha Heerarka Koboca (Milestone Moments) (2013)
A resource guide translating the original English version of the Center for Disease Control's (CDC) booklet Track Your Child's Developmental Milestones into the Somali language. In collaboration...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Minneapolis Somali Autism Spectrum Disorder Prevalence Project: Community Report 2013 (2013)
A report of the findings from the study of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) prevalence among Somali and non-Somali children in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Also available, in English and Somali, is a fact...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Minneapolis Somali Autism Spectrum Disorder Prevalence Project Website (2013)
A website presenting the Minneapolis Somali Autism Spectrum Disorder Prevalence Project, which studies the prevalence of Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) among children in Minneapolis to determine...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- Minnesota Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental and Related Disabilities Program (MNLEND) Website (2011)
A website presenting the program's training for future leaders who will serve children with neurodevelopmental and related disabilities and their families in health care, education, human services,...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- National Center on Educational Outcomes (NCEO) Website (2000)
A website presenting NCEO, which is a federally-funded technical assistance center that supports states and districts on issues related to inclusive assessments, particularly for students with...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- Peb yuavtsum xyaum hloov peb txoj kev xav hais txog kev soj ntsuam saib menyuam puas loj hlob zoo (It's Time to Change How We View a Child's Growth) (2015)
A Hmong translation of the English-language original written by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Translated into Hmong by ICI's...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Quality Mall (2004)
An interactive database providing an online clearinghouse of over 3,500 resources from around the country related to person-centered services and supports for persons with intellectual and...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- Staff Recruitment, Retention, & Training Strategies for Community Human Services Organizations (2012) [Archived]
A 15-chapter textbook and how-to-guide helping organizations to select and implement strategies that address the challenges of recruiting, retaining, and training Direct Support Professionals.Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Study of Medicaid Funded In-home and Residential Long-term Supports and Services for Persons with Intellectual or Developmental Disabilities (RISP) Website (2018)
A website presenting the Study of Medicaid Funded In-home and Residential Long-term Supports and Services for Persons with Intellectual or Developmental Disabilities project (RISP), which gathers,...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- There are many Somali and non-Somali children with autism spectrum disorder (2013)
A fact sheet summarizing findings of the Minneapolis Somali ASD Prevalence Project for families of children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Available in English and Somali. The full findings...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Waa Maxey Autism (What is Autism or Autism Spectrum Disorder?) (2013)
A video covering facts about ASD, including signs and symptoms and behavior challenges.Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- LEND Brief (2012 – 2015)Latest: ASD and Culture
A series of topical briefs informing parents, professionals in a variety of fields including education and health care, advocates, and others. Each issue discusses a different aspect of...
- LEND Fact Sheet Series: Challenging Behaviors (2012)Latest: Challenging Behavior
A series of fact sheets developed to assist teachers and parents in providing the best possible educational opportunities in their home and classroom to children with Autism Spectrum Disorders and...
- LEND Webinars (2011 – 2015)Latest: Building Connections with Somali Families: Culturally Competent Approaches to Child Development and Disability
A Webinar series educating leaders in neurodevelopmental and related disabilities.