Transition planning, in context of secondary education, encompasses strategies to help adolescents and young adults with disabilities move into adulthood and plan for life after high school. See also IEP development.
- Career Planning Begins with Assessment: A Guide for Professionals Serving Youth with Educational and Career Development Challenges (2005) [Archived]
A guide providing adults who work with youth with disabilities a solid understanding of the purpose, benefits, and limitations of assessment in relation to those youth and the workforce development...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Charting the Course: Supporting the Career Development of Youth with Learning Disabilities (2010) [Archived]
A guide helping practitioners, administrators, and policymakers in secondary and postsecondary education programs, transition programs, One-Stop Career Centers, youth employment programs, and...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Expanding the Circle (ETC) Website (2010)
A website presenting Expanding the Circle (ETC), an ICI project that delivers a curriculum offering culturally-relevant activities to facilitate the successful transition from high school to...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- Expanding the Circle: Respecting the Past, Preparing for the Future (2nd ed) (2017)
A new edition of this curriculum for grades 9-12. It includes the culturally-relevant transition skills and project-based learning presented in the first edition, which has been in use across the...Cost: $15.00 - $99.95 Delivery format: Print
- FAST Family Support Survey : National Results (2011) [Archived]
A report summarizing the results of the FAST Family Support Survey, a 2010 national Internet survey of 2,416 parents or relatives of children and youth ages 11 years to 39 years with disabilities...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- FINDS  National Survey (2011) [Archived]
A report covering the national Internet survey that The Arc of the United States conducted in 2010 that aimed to capture the perspectives of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Inclusive Education Strategies: A Textbook (2019)
This textbook is a resource for implementing inclusive education practices in Armenia, other post-Soviet countries, and countries on the path to a more inclusive education and society. The content...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Inclusive Education Strategies: A Toolkit for Armenia (2019)
This toolkit was designed by faculty and staff from the University of Minnesota and Armenian State Pedagogical University (ASPU) in the Republic of Armenia to help educators to include students...
- National Center on Educational Outcomes (NCEO) Website (2000)
A website presenting NCEO, which is a federally-funded technical assistance center that supports states and districts on issues related to inclusive assessments, particularly for students with...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- National Center on Secondary Education and Transition (NCSET) Website (2001)
A website presenting NCSET, a center that focuses on improved access and success for students with disabilities in secondary and postsecondary education, as well as employment, independent living,...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- National Standards & Quality Indicators: Transition Toolkit for Systems Improvement (2005) [Archived]
A toolkit providing a common and shared framework to help school systems and communities identify what youth need in order to achieve successful participation in postsecondary education and...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Paving the Way to Work: A Guide to Career-Focused Mentoring for Youth with Disabilities (2006) [Archived]
A guide providing specific disability-related and career preparation information relevant to mentoring youth with disabilities during their transition from secondary school to postsecondary work....Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Preparing for Life After High School: The Characteristics and Experiences of Youth in Special Education, Volume 3: Comparisons Over Time (2018)
A report from the National Longitudinal Transition Study 2012 (NLTS 2012); two earlier reports, Volumes 1 and 2, also relate to this study. The NLTS 2012, which is part of the...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- NCSET Essential Tools (2004 – 2005) [Archived]Latest: Cultural and Linguistic Diversity - Implications for Transition Personnel
A series of guides aiming to increase the capacity of organizations involved in secondary education and transition for youth with disabilities. These guides (resource guides, practice guides,...
- NCSET Information Brief (2002 – 2008) [Archived]Latest: Models of Collaboration and Cost Sharing in Transition Programming
A series of briefs examining trends and developments in secondary education and transition.
- NCSET Parent Brief (2002 – 2006) [Archived]Latest: The Role of Parents in Dropout Prevention:
Strategies that Promote Graduation and School Achievement
A series of briefs informing parents about secondary education and transition services. Produced by PACER Center in collaboration with the Institute's National Center on Secondary Education and...
- NCSET Research to Practice Brief (2002 – 2007) [Archived]Latest: Programs and Practices for Special Education Students in Alternative Education Settings
A series of briefs guiding practitioners in improving secondary education and transition services through research.
- NLTS2 Data Brief (2002 – 2005) [Archived]Latest: Family Expectations and Involvement for Youth with Disabilities
A series of briefs summarizing the findings of the National Longitudinal Transition Study-2 (NLTS2), which tracked the characteristics, experiences, and achievements of a sample of 12,000...