Assessment (large-scale, alternate)
Large-scale assessments are tests that are given to a large student body, and include district-wide and state-wide testing. Alternate assessments are types of large-scale assessments that are used to evaluate the performance of students with disabilities who are unable to participate in general state assessments even with accommodations.
- Moving Your Numbers (2011 – 2012)Latest: A Synthesis of Lessons Learned: How Districts Used Assessment and Accountability to Increase Performance for Students with Disabilities as Part of District-wide Improvement
A series of resources examining how school districts can increase the performance of students with disabilities and other at-risk learners as part of whole-district reform efforts. Case studies of...
- NCEO Annual Performance Reports and State Performance Plans (2002 – 2010) [Archived]Latest: 2007-2008 State Assessment Data
A series of reports summarizing assessment data from state annual performance reports to the U.S. Department of Education.
- NCEO Brief (2011 – 2019) [New]Latest: Revisiting Expectations for Students with Disabilities (#17)
A series of brief reports examining standards, assessment, and accountability issues for students with disabilities, English learners, and English learners with disabilities.
- NCEO Data Analytics (2015 – 2019) [New]Latest: Percent of ELs with Disabilities from 2013-14 to 2016-17 (#9)
An online interactive series of briefs putting the power of data in the users' hands. View, compare, and read briefs driven by data.
- NCEO Minnesota Assessment Project Reports (1996 – 2000) [Archived]Latest: Student Perspectives on the Use of Accommodations on Large-scale Assessments (#35)
A series of reports summarizing the findings of the Minnesota Assessment Project, a four-year, federally funded effort awarded to the Minnesota Department of Children, Families and Learning (now...
- NCEO Newsletter (2013 – 2019) [New]Latest: June 2019 issue
An e-newsletter from the Institute's National Center on Educational Outcomes (NCEO) highlighting its recent publications and new and ongoing research findings. Past issues are listed under...Cost: Free Delivery format: Email subscription
- NCEO Policy Directions (1994 – 2015)Latest: Considerations When Including Students with Disabilities in Test Security Policies (#23)
A report series addressing national policy issues related to standards, assessments, and students with disabilities for researchers and policymakers.
- NCEO Reports (2016 – 2019) [New]Latest: Students with Disabilities in Educational Policy, Practice, and Professional Judgment: What Should We Expect? (#413)
A series of reports examining assessment and standards and accountability issues as they pertain to students with disabilities, English learners, and English learners with disabilities.
- NCEO State Surveys (1992 – 2017)Latest: 2016 Survey of States: State Activities Amid Evolving Educational Policies
A series of reports summarizing results of surveys of state directors of special education in relation to students with disabilities and standards-based reform.
- PARA Accessible Reading Assessment Reports (2006 – 2012)Latest: Developing and Researching an Accessible Reading Assessment for Students with Disabilities
A series of reports examining the accessibility of reading assessments in relation to students with disabilities.