Accountability, in the context of education, typically refers to school professionals taking responsibility for the performance of students on achievement tests or other types of educational outcomes (e.g., graduation rates).
- National Center on Educational Outcomes (NCEO) Website (2000)
A website presenting NCEO, which is a federally-funded technical assistance center that supports states and districts on issues related to inclusive assessments, particularly for students with...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- Moving Your Numbers (2011 – 2012)Latest: A Synthesis of Lessons Learned: How Districts Used Assessment and Accountability to Increase Performance for Students with Disabilities as Part of District-wide Improvement
A series of resources examining how school districts can increase the performance of students with disabilities and other at-risk learners as part of whole-district reform efforts. Case studies of...
- NCEO Annual Performance Reports and State Performance Plans (2002 – 2010) [Archived]Latest: 2007-2008 State Assessment Data
A series of reports summarizing assessment data from state annual performance reports to the U.S. Department of Education.
- NCEO Brief (2011 – 2019) [New]Latest: Considerations for States Providing Materials in Braille (#19)
A series of brief reports examining standards, assessment, and accountability issues for students with disabilities, English learners, and English learners with disabilities.
- NCEO Data Analytics (2015 – 2019)Latest: Percent of ELs with Disabilities from 2013-14 to 2016-17 (#9)
An online interactive series of briefs putting the power of data in the users' hands. View, compare, and read briefs driven by data.
- NCEO Policy Directions (1994 – 2015)Latest: Considerations When Including Students with Disabilities in Test Security Policies (#23)
A report series addressing national policy issues related to standards, assessments, and students with disabilities for researchers and policymakers.
- NCEO State Surveys (1992 – 2017)Latest: 2016 Survey of States: State Activities Amid Evolving Educational Policies
A series of reports summarizing results of surveys of state directors of special education in relation to students with disabilities and standards-based reform.
- PARA Accessible Reading Assessment Reports (2006 – 2012)Latest: Developing and Researching an Accessible Reading Assessment for Students with Disabilities
A series of reports examining the accessibility of reading assessments in relation to students with disabilities.