Health and wellness
Health and wellness, as addressed at the Institute, are ways foster the health and well-being of people with disabilities.
- DirectCourse (2004)
Offers a suite of competency-based, online curricula for professionals providing services to people with intellectual, developmental, physical, and psychiatric disabilities, and to older adults....
- Handbook on Community Living and Employment (2019) [New]
Highlights key topics in community living and employment opportunities and services/supports relevant to those within the human services systems, people with disabilities, and their families in the...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- LEND Fact Sheet: Promotion of Healthy Relationships and Sexuality for Individuals with Disabilities (2013)
A fact sheet promoting healthy relationships and debunking myths about sex among individuals with disabilities. The fact sheet provides background information, facts, and resources. It also...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Partnerships in Wellness (2017)
A health promotion curriculum that addresses the unique learning needs of adults with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities (IDD) who require ongoing daily supports, have limited readings...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF, PPT
- Quality Mall (2004)
An interactive database providing an online clearinghouse of over 3,500 resources from around the country related to person-centered services and supports for persons with intellectual and...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- Research and Training Center on Community Living YouTube channel (2019) [New]
A YouTube channel containing videos prepared by ICI's Research and Training Center on Community Living.Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- Self-Advocacy Online (2012)
A multimedia resource providing information important to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities that is accessible to all. The content is translated into understandable language...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- State of the Science: Theories, Concepts, and Evidence Guiding Policy and Practice in Community Living and Participation for People with Intellectual Disabilities (2013)
A set of online video presentations from the July 2012 conference, State of the Science: Outcomes for People with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Experts in...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- Impact (2000 – 2019)Latest: Feature Issue on Inclusive Education for K-8 Students with the Most Significant Cognitive Disabilities
A newsletter series containing strategies, research, and success stories in specific focus areas related to persons with intellectual, developmental, and other disabilities. It provides practical...Cost: Free Delivery format: Email subscription, Print subscription
- National Goals in Research, Policy, and Practice (2016)Latest: Justice for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities
A series of videos and accompanying briefs that grew out of the National Goals in Research, Policy, and Practice working meeting held in Washington, DC, in 2015. Participants summarized the current...