Emergency/disaster preparedness, as addressed by the Institute, is a set of strategies for communities, organizations, families, and individuals to better prepare for emergencies such that people with disabilities and those who care for them are protected.
- DirectCourse (2004)
Offers a suite of competency-based, online curricula for professionals providing services to people with intellectual, developmental, physical, and psychiatric disabilities, and to older adults....
- Higher Ground: The Dedication of Direct Support Professionals During and After Hurricanes Katrina and Rita (Brief) (2007)
A brief summarizing the report, You Know that it's Got to be Dedication that I am Still Here: The Experiences of Direct Support Professionals During Hurricanes Katrina and Rita, and the Aftermath ....Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Higher Ground: The Dedication of Direct Support Professionals During and After Hurricanes Katrina and Rita (film) (2007)
A documentary film telling the stories of some of the heroic Direct Support Professionals from New Orleans who, despite long hours, low pay, and tremendous stress and trauma, continued to provide...Cost: $19.99 Delivery format: Online
- NASDDDS Emergency Planning for Developmental Disabilities Services Self-Assessment Instrument Website (2006)
A website presenting a tool that assists state developmental disabilities officials to evaluate how well their preparedness plans address the needs of people with intellectual and developmental...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- You Know That it's Got to be Dedication That I am Still Here: The Experiences of Direct Support Professionals During Hurricanes Katrina and Rita, and Aftermath (2007)
A report describing the experiences of Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) who worked in New Orleans between August 2005 and May 2006 - before, during, and after Hurricanes Katrina and Rita. In...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Impact (2000 – 2018)Latest: Feature Issue on the Direct Support Workforce and People with Intellectual, Developmental, and Other Disabilities
A newsletter series containing strategies, research, and success stories in specific focus areas related to persons with intellectual, developmental, and other disabilities. It provides practical...Cost: Free Delivery format: Email subscription, Print subscription