Employment and workforce development
Employment and workforce development of people with disabilities, as addressed by the Institute, is best achieved through helping job seekers obtain a quality education, training, job recruitment, and job placement.
- Career Planning Begins with Assessment: A Guide for Professionals Serving Youth with Educational and Career Development Challenges (2005) [Archived]
A guide providing adults who work with youth with disabilities a solid understanding of the purpose, benefits, and limitations of assessment in relation to those youth and the workforce development...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Charting the Course: Supporting the Career Development of Youth with Learning Disabilities (2010) [Archived]
A guide helping practitioners, administrators, and policymakers in secondary and postsecondary education programs, transition programs, One-Stop Career Centers, youth employment programs, and...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- DirectCourse (2004)
Offers a suite of competency-based, online curricula for professionals providing services to people with intellectual, developmental, physical, and psychiatric disabilities, and to older adults....
- Handbook on Community Living and Employment (2019) [New]
Highlights key topics in community living and employment opportunities and services/supports relevant to those within the human services systems, people with disabilities, and their families in the...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- National Center on Secondary Education and Transition (NCSET) Website (2001) [Archived]
A website presenting NCSET, a center that focuses on improved access and success for students with disabilities in secondary and postsecondary education, as well as employment, independent living,...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- Putting Faith to Work: A Guide for Congregations and Communities (2016)
Develops a model and resources for congregations to work together with businesses and human service agencies to advance successful employment outcomes for their members with disabilities. Some...Cost: $10.00 Delivery format: Print
- Putting Faith to Work Website (2013) [Archived]
A website presenting the Putting Faith to Work project, which provides customized training, tools, and technical assistance to specific Minnesota faith communities, building their capacity to use...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- Research and Training Center on Community Living YouTube channel (2019) [New]
A YouTube channel containing videos prepared by ICI's Research and Training Center on Community Living.Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- Supporting Individuals and Families Information Systems Project (FISP) Website (2012)
A website presenting documents and resources from this project that gathers data to help federal and state agencies understand the current status and emerging trends in supporting families and...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- Impact (2000 – 2019)Latest: Feature Issue on Inclusive Education for K-8 Students with the Most Significant Cognitive Disabilities
A newsletter series containing strategies, research, and success stories in specific focus areas related to persons with intellectual, developmental, and other disabilities. It provides practical...Cost: Free Delivery format: Email subscription, Print subscription
- Make Work a Part of the Plan Videos and Webinars (2016)Latest: I Choose Employment (#1)
A series of videos and Webinars developed to deliver positive narratives about competitive integrated employment for individuals with disabilities. In a time of changing systems and services,...
- National Goals in Research, Policy, and Practice (2016)Latest: Justice for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities
A series of videos and accompanying briefs that grew out of the National Goals in Research, Policy, and Practice working meeting held in Washington, DC, in 2015. Participants summarized the current...