Employment and workforce development
Employment and workforce development of people with disabilities, as addressed by the Institute, is best achieved through helping job seekers obtain a quality education, training, job recruitment, and job placement.
- Career Planning Begins with Assessment: A Guide for Professionals Serving Youth with Educational and Career Development Challenges (2005) [Archived]
A guide providing adults who work with youth with disabilities a solid understanding of the purpose, benefits, and limitations of assessment in relation to those youth and the workforce development...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Charting the Course: Supporting the Career Development of Youth with Learning Disabilities (2010) [Archived]
A guide helping practitioners, administrators, and policymakers in secondary and postsecondary education programs, transition programs, One-Stop Career Centers, youth employment programs, and...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Community Living and Participation: Employment (2019) [New]
A profile of Best Buy employee Tamir Tsogsbaatar. This video is a companion to Tamir's personal story in the book Community Living and Participation for People With Intellectual and Developmental...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- Community Living and Participation for People with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (2019)
Published by the American Association Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (AAIDD), this book is an exploration of how to create the ideal conditions to facilitate community living and...Cost: $52.00 Delivery format: Print
- DirectCourse (2004)
Offers a suite of competency-based, online curricula for professionals providing services to people with intellectual, developmental, physical, and psychiatric disabilities, and to older adults....
- Handbook on Community Living and Employment (2019) [New]
Highlights key topics in community living and employment opportunities and services/supports relevant to those within the human services systems, people with disabilities, and their families in the...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- National Center on Secondary Education and Transition (NCSET) Website (2001) [Archived]
A website presenting NCSET, a center that focuses on improved access and success for students with disabilities in secondary and postsecondary education, as well as employment, independent living,...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- Putting Faith to Work: A Guide for Congregations and Communities (2016)
Develops a model and resources for congregations to work together with businesses and human service agencies to advance successful employment outcomes for their members with disabilities. Some...Cost: $10.00 Delivery format: Print
- Putting Faith to Work Website (2013) [Archived]
A website presenting the Putting Faith to Work project, which provides customized training, tools, and technical assistance to specific Minnesota faith communities, building their capacity to use...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- Research and Training Center on Community Living YouTube channel (2019) [New]
A YouTube channel containing videos prepared by ICI's Research and Training Center on Community Living.Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- Supporting Individuals and Families Information Systems Project (FISP) Website (2012)
A website presenting documents and resources from this project that gathers data to help federal and state agencies understand the current status and emerging trends in supporting families and...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- Impact (2000 – 2019)Latest: Feature Issue on Inclusive Education for K-8 Students with the Most Significant Cognitive Disabilities
A newsletter series containing strategies, research, and success stories in specific focus areas related to persons with intellectual, developmental, and other disabilities. It provides practical...Cost: Free Delivery format: Email subscription, Print subscription
- Make Work a Part of the Plan Videos and Webinars (2016)Latest: I Choose Employment (#1)
A series of videos and Webinars developed to deliver positive narratives about competitive integrated employment for individuals with disabilities. In a time of changing systems and services,...
- National Goals in Research, Policy, and Practice (2016)Latest: Justice for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities
A series of videos and accompanying briefs that grew out of the National Goals in Research, Policy, and Practice working meeting held in Washington, DC, in 2015. Participants summarized the current...