Inclusive education, as addressed by the Institute, is the practice of educating students with disabilities in regular classrooms whenever possible and socially integrating them into the school community.
- Employing, Developing and Directing Special Education Paraprofessionals in Inclusive Education Programs: Findings From a Multi-Site Case Study (2003) [Archived]
A report describing the systems that three school districts used to employ, develop, and direct special education paraprofessionals to work effectively in inclusive education programs. Findings...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- Inclusive Education Strategies: A Textbook (2019)
This textbook is a resource for implementing inclusive education practices in Armenia, other post-Soviet countries, and countries on the path to a more inclusive education and society. The content...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Inclusive Education Strategies: A Toolkit for Armenia (2019)
This toolkit was designed by faculty and staff from the University of Minnesota and Armenian State Pedagogical University (ASPU) in the Republic of Armenia to help educators to include students...
- National Center on Educational Outcomes (NCEO) Website (2000)
A website presenting NCEO, which is a federally-funded technical assistance center that supports states and districts on issues related to inclusive assessments, particularly for students with...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- Play Time/Social Time (1997)
A research-based curriculum guiding instruction for children with and without disabilities, emphasizing social interaction skills and positive patterns of social behavior, using children's natural...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Supporting Students with Autism Spectrum Disorders: The Role of the Paraprofessional (2002) [Archived]
A curriculum introducing the unique needs and learning styles of individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders to help paraprofessionals and other educators best meet the needs of these individuals....Cost: $15.00 - $25.00 Delivery format: Print
- Supporting Students With Disabilities in Inclusive Schools: A Curriculum for Job-Embedded Paraprofessional Development (2002)
A curriculum supporting special educators in their role of teaching paraprofessionals to work with students with disabilities, focusing on increasing paraprofessional knowledge and skills for...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- The Leadership Factor: A Key to Effective Inclusive High Schools (2001) [Archived]
A report describing administrative and other leadership themes associated with four inclusive high schools that are producing exemplary results for students with and without disabilities. School...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- National Goals in Research, Policy, and Practice (2016)Latest: Justice for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities
A series of videos and accompanying briefs that grew out of the National Goals in Research, Policy, and Practice working meeting held in Washington, DC, in 2015. Participants summarized the current...