Inclusive education, as addressed by the Institute, is the practice of educating students with disabilities in regular classrooms whenever possible and socially integrating them into the school community.
- An Inclusive Service Learning Curriculum for Elementary Learners With and Without Disabilities (2010)
An innovative curriculum providing educators and youth workers with a new tool for engaging all elementary-age learners in service learning. Its research-based activities guide instructors in...Cost: $59.00 Delivery format: Print
- Employing, Developing and Directing Special Education Paraprofessionals in Inclusive Education Programs: Findings From a Multi-Site Case Study (2003) [Archived]
A report describing the systems that three school districts used to employ, develop, and direct special education paraprofessionals to work effectively in inclusive education programs. Findings...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- Inclusive Education Strategies: A Textbook (2019) [New]
This textbook is a resource for implementing inclusive education practices in Armenia, other post-Soviet countries, and countries on the path to a more inclusive education and society. The content...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Inclusive Education Strategies: A Toolkit for Armenia (2019) [New]
This toolkit was designed by faculty and staff from the University of Minnesota and Armenian State Pedagogical University (ASPU) in the Republic of Armenia to help educators to include students...
- Inclusive School Communities for Students with Disabilities: 10 Reasons Why (2003) [Archived]
A brochure describing 10 of the benefits to students with and without disabilities, families, teachers, and the school community as a whole. There are many compelling reasons to support inclusive...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- National Center on Educational Outcomes (NCEO) Website (2000)
A website presenting NCEO, which is a federally-funded technical assistance center that supports states and districts on issues related to inclusive assessments, particularly for students with...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- Play Time/Social Time (1997)
A research-based curriculum guiding instruction for children with and without disabilities, emphasizing social interaction skills and positive patterns of social behavior, using children's natural...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Supporting Students with Autism Spectrum Disorders: The Role of the Paraprofessional (2002)
A curriculum introducing the unique needs and learning styles of individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders to help paraprofessionals and other educators best meet the needs of these individuals....Cost: $15.00 - $25.00 Delivery format: Print
- Supporting Students With Disabilities in Inclusive Schools: A Curriculum for Job-Embedded Paraprofessional Development (2002)
A curriculum supporting special educators in their role of teaching paraprofessionals to work with students with disabilities, focusing on increasing paraprofessional knowledge and skills for...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- The Leadership Factor: A Key to Effective Inclusive High Schools (2001) [Archived]
A report describing administrative and other leadership themes associated with four inclusive high schools that are producing exemplary results for students with and without disabilities. School...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- National Goals in Research, Policy, and Practice (2016)Latest: Justice for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities
A series of videos and accompanying briefs that grew out of the National Goals in Research, Policy, and Practice working meeting held in Washington, DC, in 2015. Participants summarized the current...