Dropout prevention and student engagement
Dropout prevention, as addressed by the Institute, is best achieved through fostering students' engagement in school and with learning so that they become motivated to stay in school.
- Check & Connect: A Comprehensive Student Engagement Intervention: Implementing with Fidelity (2012)
A detailed manual for implementing the Check & Connect student engagement intervention. Since 1990 the Check & Connect student engagement intervention has been...Cost: $35.00 - $50.00 Delivery format: Print
- Check & Connect Website (2010)
A website presenting Check & Connect, an ICI project that provides training in the use of the Check & Connect student engagement intervention model to promote students' engagement with school,...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- Expanding the Circle (ETC) Website (2010)
A website presenting Expanding the Circle (ETC), an ICI project that delivers a curriculum offering culturally-relevant activities to facilitate the successful transition from high school to...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- National Center on Educational Outcomes (NCEO) Website (2000)
A website presenting NCEO, which is a federally-funded technical assistance center that supports states and districts on issues related to inclusive assessments, particularly for students with...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- National Center on Secondary Education and Transition (NCSET) Website (2001) [Archived]
A website presenting NCSET, a center that focuses on improved access and success for students with disabilities in secondary and postsecondary education, as well as employment, independent living,...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- Preparing for Life After High School: The Characteristics and Experiences of Youth in Special Education, Volume 3: Comparisons Over Time (2018)
A report from the National Longitudinal Transition Study 2012 (NLTS 2012); two earlier reports, Volumes 1 and 2, also relate to this study. The NLTS 2012, which is part of the...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- Check & Connect News & Resources (2012)
An e-newsletter from the Institute's Check & Connect (C&C) project providing implementation resources, such as recent posts on the C&C "Attend-Engage-Invest" blog, upcoming training opportunities,...Cost: Free Delivery format: Email subscription
- Check & Connect Online Support Modules (2019) [New]Latest: How do I use "Check" data?
A series of demonstration videos that will assist schools in implementing Check & Connect with fidelity. Use of these technology resources will improve Check & Connect educational activities...