Person-centered planning and practices
Person-centered planning and practices focus on and center around the interests and needs of the person being served. They also emphasize the persons strengths and dreams rather than weaknesses or deficits.
- An Independent Assessment of the Region 10 Quality Assurance Commission Voice Review Program (2008)
A report on the VOICE program, a person-centered quality assurance system that emphasizes self-determination created by the Region 10 Quality Assurance Commission in Southeast Minnesota.Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- DirectCourse (2004)
Offers a suite of competency-based, online curricula for professionals providing services to people with intellectual, developmental, physical, and psychiatric disabilities, and to older adults....
- Find, Choose and Keep Great DSPs (2006)
A pair of easy-to-use toolkits helping families and people with disabilities find quality, caring, and committeed Direct Support Professionals (DSPs). There are two different versions of the...Cost: Free - $30.00 Delivery format: PDF, Print
- Friends: Connecting People with Disabilities and Community Members (2013)
A manual providing concrete, "how-to" strategies for supporting relationships between people with disabilities and other community members. It describes why such friendships are important to people...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Other Voices: The Minnesota Region 10 Quality Assurance Process (2008)
A documentary video describing how stakeholders in southeastern Minnesota, including parents, advocates, and self-advocates, developed an alternative quality assurance process to better respond to...
- Quality Mall (2004)
An interactive database providing an online clearinghouse of over 3,500 resources from around the country related to person-centered services and supports for persons with intellectual and...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- Research and Training Center on Community Living (RTC-CL) Website (2014)
A website presenting the Research and Training Center on Community Living (RTC-CL), a center that conducts a wide range of research, training, and technical assistance and dissemination projects...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- Self-Advocacy Online (2012)
A multimedia resource providing information important to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities that is accessible to all. The content is translated into understandable language...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- Study of Medicaid Funded In-home and Residential Long-term Supports and Services for Persons with Intellectual or Developmental Disabilities (RISP) Website (2018)
A website presenting the Study of Medicaid Funded In-home and Residential Long-term Supports and Services for Persons with Intellectual or Developmental Disabilities project (RISP), which gathers,...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- Through Asking the Right Questions... You Can Reach Your Destination (1999) [Archived]
A pocket guide containing questions for families and persons with disabilities to ask as they interview residential service providers and decide which are best suited to meet their support needs.Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- Valuing Lives: Wolf Wolfensberger and the Principle of Normalization (2016)
A film documenting the social paradigm shift triggered by Wolf Wolfensberger, a professor and change agent who, in the early 1970s, popularized and expanded the principle of normalization of people...Cost: $3.99 - $24.99 Delivery format: Online
- Impact (2000 – 2019) [New]Latest: Feature Issue on Inclusive Education for K-8 Students with the Most Significant Cognitive Disabilities
A newsletter series containing strategies, research, and success stories in specific focus areas related to persons with intellectual, developmental, and other disabilities. It provides practical...Cost: Free Delivery format: Email subscription, Print subscription
- Make Work a Part of the Plan Videos and Webinars (2016)Latest: I Choose Employment (#1)
A series of videos and Webinars developed to deliver positive narratives about competitive integrated employment for individuals with disabilities. In a time of changing systems and services,...