- Audio Support Guidelines for Accessible Assessments: Insights From Cognitive Labs (2014)
A report examining how some students, including students with print disabilities, students with low vision, and English language learners, may benefit from having test content read aloud. However,...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Forum on Addressing Performance Gaps of Low-performing Students: Implications for Assessment and Instruction (2013)
A report describing the facilitated discussions and the consensus reached at a forum on June 19, 2013, in National Harbor, Maryland, to discuss the performance gaps of low-performing students and...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Forum on Common Language for States and Assessment Vendors (2016)
A report on a forum held on June 20, 2016 in Philadelphia that brought together states, assessment vendors, and other educational stakeholders to address the need for developing a common language...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Forum on Text Readers for Everyone on All Tests: Getting a Handle on What This Means (2017)
A report on a forum held on June 27, 2017 in Austin, TX that brought together staff representing state departments of education, school districts, testing and testing-related companies, and other...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Lessons Learned in Federally Funded Projects that Can Improve the Instruction and Assessment of Low Performing Students with Disabilities (2013)
A report detailing the work of researchers from projects funded by the U.S. Department of Education in 2006-2007 under three funding sources (General Supervision Enhancement Grants, Enhanced...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Meeting the Needs of Special Education Students: Recommendations for the Race-to-the-Top Consortia and States (2011)
A report identifying several actions for the Race to the Top assessment consortia to take to meet the needs of special education students. The actions are consistent with standards and principles...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- National Center on Educational Outcomes (NCEO) Website (2000)
A website presenting NCEO, which is a federally-funded technical assistance center that supports states and districts on issues related to inclusive assessments, particularly for students with...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- Sign Support Guidelines for Accessible Assessments: Insights From Cognitive Labs (2014)
A report observing that students who are deaf or hard of hearing (Deaf/HH) and communicate using American Sign Language (ASL) may benefit from sign accommodations on state assessments. However,...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- White Paper on Common Accessibility Language for States and Assessment Vendors (2016)
This White Paper by DIAMOND project staff addresses the issue that different test platforms use different terminology for the accessibility features and accommodations that they offer to students,...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- NCEO Reports (2016 – 2018)Latest: 2015-16 Publicly Reported Assessment Results for Students with Disabilities and ELs with Disabilities (#407)
A series of reports examining assessment and standards and accountability issues as they pertain to students with disabilities, English learners, and English learners with disabilities.
- NCEO Synthesis Reports (1991 – 2015)Latest: Science Alternate Assessments based on Alternate Achievement Standards (AA-AAS) During School Year 2014-2015 (#99)
A series of reports examining assessment and accommodations policies and practices in relation to students with disabilities. It is especially of use to policymakers.
- TARA Reports (2009) [Archived]Latest: Students with Visual Impairments and Assistive Technology: Results from a Cognitive Interview Study in Five States
A series of reports from the Technology Assisted Reading Assessment (TARA) examining the accessibility of reading assessments in relation to students with disabilities.