Students with Disabilities
- Impact (2000 – 2019)Latest: Feature Issue on Inclusive Education for K-8 Students with the Most Significant Cognitive Disabilities
A newsletter series containing strategies, research, and success stories in specific focus areas related to persons with intellectual, developmental, and other disabilities. It provides practical...Cost: Free Delivery format: Email subscription, Print subscription
- NARAP Reports (2006 – 2009) [Archived]Latest: Accessibility Principles for Reading Assessments
A series of reports from the National Accessible Reading Assessment Projects (NARAP) examining the accessibility of reading assessments in relation to students with disabilities.
- NCEO APR Snapshot Briefs (2012 – 2019) [New]Latest: 2016-2017 APR Snapshot #21: AA-AAS Participation and Performance (#21)
A series of briefs providing snapshots of the participation and performance of special education students in statewide assessments used for Elementary and Secondary Education Act(ESEA) accountability.
- NCEO Reports (2016 – 2019) [New]Latest: Status of State-Defined Alternate Diplomas in 2018-19 (#416)
A series of reports examining assessment and standards and accountability issues as they pertain to students with disabilities, English learners, and English learners with disabilities.
- NCEO Synthesis Reports (1991 – 2015)Latest: Science Alternate Assessments based on Alternate Achievement Standards (AA-AAS) During School Year 2014-2015 (#99)
A series of reports examining assessment and accommodations policies and practices in relation to students with disabilities. It is especially of use to policymakers.
- NCEO Technical Reports (1991 – 2015) [Archived]Latest: 2012-13 Publicly Reported Assessment Results for Students with Disabilities and ELLs with Disabilities (#70)
A series of reports summarizing findings for policymakers, researchers and educators that focuses on assessment, accommodations, and accountability in relation to students with disabilities.
- TARA Reports (2009) [Archived]Latest: Students with Visual Impairments and Assistive Technology: Results from a Cognitive Interview Study in Five States
A series of reports from the Technology Assisted Reading Assessment (TARA) examining the accessibility of reading assessments in relation to students with disabilities.